This is a Senior Management post and the ideal person will be a web technologist who understands where technology is and where it is going in the future. He/she will be the type of person who wants to be at the forefront of software development whilst understanding the commercial needs of a growing business.
The post holder will be responsible for all technical road maps, the management of people, solutions and the IT programmes. These plans will reflect technological and business change over a rolling period.
It is anticipated that your career will have started off as a hands on Software Developer, moving into Head of Development then towards Senior Management within a J2EE (and possibly Microsoft .Net) environment. You must be a proven manager of software teams and technology projects. As with any role that reports into the board it’s essential that you have strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Excellent communication, written and oral, so as to be liaise with key business units as well as the board
- Significant years (5+) as proven manager of software teams and technology projects
- Significant years (5+) experience of J2EE technology
- Experience of Microsoft .NET technology (a plus)
- Experience of leading IT teams through major systems implementation
- Experience of Business processes and change/management
Place of work: